What is bigbighouse?
Everywhere we go, we begin in the place of worship, prayer and intercession and then do what we see God doing in that place. We partner and collaborate with others who are also doing His works. We seek justice, especially for those oppressed through sex trafficking. In the long term, we see them coming home to inter-generational family communities, even whole neighborhoods, cities and regions devoted to being safe places for their healing and restoration. We’re partnering for heaven’s kingdom on earth.
What are we doing now?
Worship, prayer and intercession…
- We have been observing regular rhythms of worship, prayer and intercession since 2006.
- We have helped lead and support other houses of prayer in our area since 2011.
Inter-generational family community…
- We helped start and lead an inter-generational family community from 2012 – 2017 that served over thirty 20-somethings in the course of five years. We learned a lot about what it takes to make safe places of healing for wounded people… mostly huge amounts of honest communication, lots of open humility and a deep well of God’s love!
- We ran a one year internship from 2012 – 2013 designed to prepare 20-somethings to take an active role against sex trafficking.
- In August 2017 we helped plant a 24-7 Prayer USA missional church plant in the northern part of our city that is focused on building kingdom community. We are still part of that community!
Restorative justice for those destroyed by sex trafficking…
- 2016: we co-founded a women’s anti-sex trafficking initiative called Every Daughter where groups of volunteer women from several churches around our area meet regularly to pray, and to contact and offer assistance to women who are sexually exploited & trafficked in our community.
- 2018: we founded a men’s anti-sex trafficking initiative called Abolition Wisconsin. We meet for prayer and engage in online demand suppression as part of the EPIK Project network.
An occasional blog…
Subscribe below and get bigbighouse news delivered directly to your inbox.